The floating recovered oil storage tank is a towable floating oil/water storage tank with a hull shaped storage pocket. The tank/ barge is manufactured from neoprene coated fabric, which is strong, durable and lightweight.
The superstructure is composed of compartments with internal airtight conical bulkheads for increased integrity. The tank is boat shaped with raised bow and stern which increases stability when under tow. High stress seems can be vulcanised for increased strength and service life.
Our FROST has a host of features not found on similar products designed for ease of use. This includes fold lines and dedicated storage to speed up packing and avoid damage, tank full indicator, drainage tube for cleaning and straps underneath enabling the tank to be lifted at lower heights.
- Ports and Terminals
- The tank can be rapidly inflated on the deck of a vessel using low-pressure air inflators
- A fitted cover is provided to prevent splash-over during towing, and to allow easy access for emptying and cleaning
- The neoprene fabric for use in a wide range of operating temperatures (-40ºC to 90ºC)
- The neoprene fabric offers excellent abrasion resistance and longevity
- The tanks can be towed at 10 knots when empty and 4 knots when full
- The independent inflation tube compartments ensure high integrity in the unlikely event of damage to any one compartment
- Option for vulcanised material joints at high stress areas for increased service life and increased strength
- Monsun valves for fast inflation and deflation- Industry standard
- Fold lines for easy storage
- Inflator options available – diesel, petrol (back pack) and electric
- Option for Aluminium or DNV storage container