Recently, we helped one of Canada’s largest food merchandisers and processors revamp their existing spill control and containment program and become better equipped for handling a potential spill.
After a waste oil tote was punctured by a forklift outside of a plant, spilling at least 100 litres of waste oil, the company realized that its spill control program was not keeping pace with its evolving needs. Due to the company’s size and specific requirements, their facility needed a program designed and customized for them.
We conducted a Spill Control and Compliance Assessment to determine the most effective solution for the company. We toured the company’s facility and inspected all high-risk spill areas. After the tour, Can-Ross prepared a report for the company that identified spill risks and provided solutions to those risks.
The result was a spill control and containment program design specifically to eliminate unprotected areas, ensure regular spill kit refills, and create a company-wide spill kit standard.
The company is currently equipped with a new and up-to-date spill control and containment program, complete with all the products necessary to protect employees, as well as mitigate environmental impact and cost in the event of a spill.
Can-Ross Environmental Services Ltd. is a leading provider of spill control and containment products and assessments in Canada. Serving the most dynamic businesses in the country, we provide security and peace of mind by identifying spill risks and providing practical and effective solutions to those risks.
Are you prepared for a spill? Get Protected
- Create Your Spill Response Plan in 3 Simple Steps
- Spill Kit Guide: Everything You Need To Tackle A Spill
- How to Approach Oil Spill Containment and Clean Up
- Visit Can-Ross at Clean Pacific June 18-20! - June 12, 2019
- Check Out Our New Case Study: Revamping an Existing Spill Control Program - February 20, 2019
- Create Your Spill Response Plan in 3 Simple Steps - January 23, 2019
- Season’s Greetings from Can-Ross - December 21, 2018
- Spill Kit Guide: Everything You Need to Tackle a Spill - November 9, 2018
- How to Approach Oil Spill Containment and Clean Up - October 4, 2018
- Welcome to Our New Website! - October 4, 2018